You can make a difference in the lives of others!
Program Volunteering Suspending During COVID-19: Due to the current pandemic, Side by Side is suspending our program volunteers in an effort to ensure the safety of our staff members (and volunteers themselves). As soon as it's safe to do so, we look forward to welcoming them back!
Feel free to fill out the paperwork in the meantime so that you can jump right in as soon as public health recommendations change.
Here are a few examples:
- Clubhouse buddy – work side by side with clubhouse members in work unit tasks such as cooking, clerical duties, or small carpentry tasks.
- Committee member – serve on a committee to accomplish goals of the clubhouse
- Gardener – work side by side with members in our garden
- Cook – assist as members plan, shop for and prepare nutritious meals
- Maintenance facilitator – teach repairs, cleaning and maintenance in the maintenance unit
- Exercise facilitator/walking group leader – assist members with walking and yoga groups
- Public speaker/advocate/promotion – help to spread the word about our services and the challenges faced by people with traumatic brain injuries
- Office helper – work with members on the computer and in clerical tasks
- Game Night sponsors – Engage members in playing games and fellowship
Volunteer opportunities are available at our Stone Mountain location. Qualifications include willingness to support people with physical and/or cognitive (thinking) disabilities, good sense of humor, openness and flexibility. Training is provided on site and staff members are always present for supervision and assistance. Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older. A criminal background check will be conducted.