This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for sidebysideclubhouse.org. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this web site. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell, trade, or rent this information to anyone.
Your Access to and Control over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. We do not collect sensitive payment information, like credit card numbers through our website.
Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or donor acknowledgment) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
HIPAA stands for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. It provides all people the right of privacy with regard to private health care information (PHI). This includes information about you that is collected in the process of providing health care and may include your name, address, phone number, Social Security Number, hospital record number, and the reason for providing health care and the type of treatment you receive.
In the Side by Side Brain Injury Clubhouse community, members reach out to each other sometimes by mail, phone, or email. So members often see each other’s contact information but never information about their health care, finances, or Social Security Number. This is explained in the Membership section. These will be reviewed before you begin Side by Side and every year that you are an active member.
As a member of Side by Side, you have the following rights:
- Right to request privacy protection for protected health information (PHI)
- Right to access your PHI
- Right to request an amendment to PHI (a change to your record)
- Right to request an accounting of disclosures of PHI (a list of where your record has been sent)
- Right to a copy of Side by Side Brain Injury Clubhouse’s Privacy Practices